Time is Short and Our Days are Numbered
- This prayer was written near the end of Moses life.
- Moses recognized the increasing brevity of his own life.
- 39:4,5; Psa. 90:12
- Our days on earth are numbered!
- Only God knows the number of the days of our lives.
- Our time is short
Time is a gift from God.
- God is the creator of time.
- God’s great gift to you first is Jesus, and second is time.
- We must use time wisely. – Eph. 5:15-17
Each and every day has several things in common:
- Each day belongs to God. – Psa. 118:24
- Everyday has external influence.
- Everyday has unpredictable circumstances. – Prov. 27:1
- Everyday has 24 hours.
- Everyday could be your last.
So teach us... – Psa. 90:12
- The word teach means to weigh or seriously consider.
To number our days. – Psa. 90:12
- It is the idea of being intentional about how we live our lives.
We should use each day to God’s glory.
- Each and every one of us have to examine ourselves and where we stand with God. – II Cor. 13:5.
Exam your heart.
Exam your attitudes.
Make sure you are right with God!