How to Thank God Everyday
This text offers three looks why we should be thankful to God.
- An upward look should make us thankful. 1-6
- Oh come let us sing unto the Lord. Vs 1
- Maybe He solved your problem. Maybe He has given you direction to go. So from the depths of your being you proclaim your praise.
- Let us make a joyful noise. Vs 1
- Christianity is a faith of joy.
- It is a joy to know the God of the universe personally.
- It is a joy to come before God in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ.
- It is a joy and privilege to worship. We are worshipping the rock of our salvation. 16:18
- We come thankfully. 2
- Do we begin our approach to the throne of grace with a thankful heart? 4:6
- We recognize how great God is. Vs 3
- God is great because He is holy. 99:3,5
- God is almighty, omnipotent. 89:8
- God is in control of the deepest places in the earth, and of the highest mountain peaks. Vs 4
- God made the sea and the dry land and everything in it. 5
- The heaven declares the glory of God. 19:1
- God is our maker. Vs 6
- You and I are handmade by God Himself.
- An outward look should make us thankful. 7
- Because He is our God, we are the people of His pasture it is expected we should praise Him.
- An inward look should make us thankful. 7-9
- Failure to obey God’s word and failure to believe God will lead us to a harden heart. Vs 8,9; Ex. 17:2-7
We ought to thank God every day for the gift of life by obeying it and
by living it to the fullest!