God’s “Valentine’s” Gift To Us
- God’s Love
- How do we know someone loves us?
- Love is more than words.
- Love to us depends upon actions and words.
- God demonstrated His love to us while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Rom. 5:8
- God love us:
- In spite of our past - In spite of what had our attention - In spite of our problems
- God Gave
- God gave the most costly and precious gift He had, Jesus.
- Jesus tells all of us to love; loving God and one another. Matt. 22:37-40; John 13:34
- God Wants Us To Receive
- How much do you appreciate God’s gift of His Son?
Look at the word Valentine’s Day as it describes Jesus.
V – Victorious. I Cor 15:57
A – Almighty. Rev. 1:8
Alpha and Omega. Rev. 22:13
Author of our eternal salvation. Heb. 5:9
Author and finisher of our faith. Heb. 12:2
L – Lamb of God. John 1:29
Light of the world. John 8:12
Lion of the tribe of Judah. Rev. 5:5
Lord of all. Acts 10:36
Lord of Glory. I Cor. 2:8
Lord of Lords. I Tim. 6:15
E – Everlasting life. John 3:16
N – No one like the Lord Jesus Christ. Isa. 45:22
T – True Light. John 1:9
Truth. John 14:6
True Vine. John 15:1
I – Immanuel. Matt. 1:23
N – Never leave you nor forsake you. Heb. 13:5
E’ – Eternal life in Jesus Christ. I John 5:11-13
S – Son of God. Lk. 1:35
Day reminds us that every day is a day of rejoicing in the Lord. Psa. 118:24
God gave the greatest Valentine’s gift to the world and that gift is Jesus Christ our Lord. I John 4: 9-11