God Is Still In Control
Four things we need to learn from this lesson today.
- God is in Control
- He is on the throne. – Lamentations 3:22-25
- We should put our trust in Him. – Proverbs 3:5, 6
- We need to seek His direction for our lives. – Jeremiah 29:13
- Seek Him first. – Matthew 6:33, 34
- Christians should not worry – Philippians 4:6
- What should be my focus? Phil. 4:6,7; Phil. 3:13,14
- Instead of worrying, we are to turn our concerns over to God in prayer and
- Christians are citizens of heaven. – Philippians 3:20
- Our conversation means our life as citizens. We are but pilgrims on earth.
- As citizens we are under the government of Heaven. We enjoy the pleasures of Heaven, looking forward to one day going to Heaven.
- Our real hope is in Christ – Heb. 6:19
- God is indeed in control of this universe. He controls the events of history. We don’t always understand what He is doing and why, but we are always to…..
be faithful to Him,
do the right thing anyway, and
believe that God will work it all out in the end.