Getting Real With God
- We need to experience the presence of God and to experience His power.
- When we remove the presence of God from our lives; we remove His power.
Three things that happen when we get real with God.
- Live and experience God – 12-14
- How many times do we come into the sanctuary and do not feel the absolute presence of God?
- Developing an intimate relationship with God takes time and effort.
- In verse 13 Moses want three things from God if God finds his life pleasing.
- Moses wants God to teach him God’s ways.
- Moses is asking God to let him know God.
- Moses asks for God’s Grace.
- Live and experience God’s Grace – 15-17
- God’s presence in our lives is directly related to the pleasure He has for our lives.
- If we are living in a way that God does not approve, we will not see very much of Him in our lives.
- So how do we please God?
- We start by loving Him with all our hearts. – Matt. 22:37-38
- We please God by praising Him in everything we do. – Psa. 150:1-2
- We please God by serving Him. – Psa. 100:2
- Live in God’s fullness – 18-23
- Preeminence shows us that God has a never-ending glory.
- There are two things that we must do to see the glory of God displayed in our lives.
- We need to live in His presence every day.
- We need to try and please God with everything we say and do all the time.
Maybe It Is Time……
- To get real with God.
- To start humbling our hearts from what we want to what He wants for us.
- To follow Him instead of expecting Him to follow us.